Fantastic! Thanks Filip! I managed to get this to work in my project now, by looking at the changes you made to the example.
I don't know about the multi-project way of doing it, but I was doing at least two things wrong in the single project way. I strongly prefer the single project way anyway, so this is great.
Problem 1, I was not using the /da option, and if I had, I probably would have used the wrong assembly. Based on the description, I would definitely have used the assembly the real control actually was in, not the assembly the .xaml was in. I still don't really understand what hocus pocus is going on, but I'm okay as long as it works.
Problem 2, when one adds a new user control xaml file (let's say Foo.xaml) to VS, it starts with
. When you change DefaultNS to be another NS, it doesn't change the underlying Foo.xaml.cs to match. You have to manually edit it to change the namespace, which is something I didn't realize.
It was pretty easy with the example, but I never would have figured it out without it. Thanks!